Many people wait all year for the winter season just so that they can enjoy snowfall or get a break from the heat. Some go for long walks while others indulge in winter sports activities.
And while we are busy wallowing in cold weather, we tend to overlook the damage it can cause, especially to our skin. But don’t worry, a little bit of caution and care can help restore the moisture in your skin:
- Avoid taking too hot a shower: While a hot shower may seem heavenly in the winters, you should try to keep the temperature down a bit. The hot water and the resulting steam can cause your pores to open and dehydrate your skin.
- Use hydrating products: If you use soaps during shower or use facial cleansers to take off your best mineral makeup, always use hydrating ones that don’t rid the skin of natural oils.
- Hydrate your body to hydrate your skin: Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water a day. Also, you can Omega-3 rich foods to lock moisture inside your skin.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating at regular intervals can keep your skin smooth and can help you get rid of dead skin cells. This will help moisturizing products to sink in better.
- Apply a mask regularly: Apply a hydrating mask at least once a week. You can even opt for a homemade mask which can be made using avocado, yogurt and honey.
So brace yourselves for the winter with these easy tips that will keep your skin hydrated!